Sunday, July 21, 2013

In retrospect...

So in retrospect I suppose I should have given credit to Margaret Mitchell for the title of the first post and do so now. It was a test in the initial set up of this blog. I am new at this concept of blogging so be patient with  me. My sister isn't finished training me yet.

I've been writing, and studying the craft of writing, for years. Content, for the most part, revolved around historical romance, which I do still read and enjoy. I've also toyed with story lines dealing in witchcraft, the west and paranormal.

Then, a door opened, and I wandered into the wonderful world of D/s (Dominance/submission) and BDSM (Bondage, Dominance, SadoMasochism.) It's a beautiful journey. And, as it opened, so did my interest in writing Erotica blossom, fertilized by the Marketplace series by Laura Antoniou.

My foray into penning erotica has so far flowered into two full length complete novels and a myriad of erotic short stories. Initially, this was done so my friends in the lifestyle could enjoy them. There was not as much focus on the mechanics of writing, though I did insist on a beginning, middle and end to each story. The focus, at that time was to make the men hard and the ladies wet. Based on feedback from my readership, I succeeded in that respect.

A three part series, Fifty Shades of Gray, written by E.L. James, opened up a retail market I never considered existed, especially outside of electronic literature. E-pub houses started looking for the next sexy best seller in the genre. Yes, it is officially a genre now. My sister, alluded to earlier in this post, sent me a link.

And so, the polishing of Aimee has now begun.

And apparently that same sister expects me to post the occasionally short story here. Perhaps I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment